What Would You Like Done?
|Books, Chapters, Journal Articles, Grant Applications, Book Proposals||Doctoral Dissertations|
|Job Applications – Job Market Papers, Teaching Statements, etc||Grad School Applications – Research Proposals, Personal Statements, Sample Writing, etc|
Are You Still Losing Sleep Over Your Doctoral Dissertation?
Here’s The Reality Check:
Only 56.6% of all doctoral students complete their degree within 10 years…
– Council of Graduate Schools, USA
Whether you choose to call it Attrition, Drop Out, or Incomplete, the reality is, 1 in 2 never complete their Doctorate!
It’s A Worldwide Trend.
Just Remember: ABD [All But Dissertation] is not PhD.
The Stories Are Always
- You’ve (re)written your chapters so many times, it’s become a jumble of words.
- You CAN’T WAIT to get out of Grad School, but your Thesis Adviser doesn’t think your Dissertation will ever be ready, or “Good Enough” to submit.
- You’re a Year 6, 7, 8, or (ahem!) 9 Doctoral Candidate.
- Funding Is About to End, or Has Ended.
- Job’s Waiting.
- Wedding’s On Hold.
- Your Spouse and Children Are Upset.
- Parents (Or In-Laws) Are On Your Case.
What Do You Want To Do?
Every Month, I Receive Numerous Editing & Coaching Referrals From Doctoral Thesis Advisers About Their Stressed-Out Doctoral Candidates, Many Of Them A-B-D [All But Dissertation]…
“Dr.”-Wannabes… Stuck Perpetually In The “Can’t Seem To Finish” Track.